Leg 1 - Up Up and AwayHead of the Mountain Loop
Leg 1 starts at the Learning centre, go across Lakeview Drive towards the visitor centre, continue past the visitor centre keeping it on your right; through the campground towards Old Baldy, take Turkey Trott trail merging onto Old Baldy trail, then wind up Old Baldy trail and continue onto Horseshoe trail until you reach the Horseshoe Canyon lookout. Take the fireguard road to Head of the Mountain viewpoint (Aid Station 1 ); then go down the fireguard road to Eagle Butte road, up parallel to Thelma road, past the bench (half way on Leg 1) and towards the park boundary; head left along the park boundary; onto the fireguard road heading back towards the Head of the Mountain (Aid Station 2); take the fireguard road to the right; take a right back onto Murray Hill Road; continue heading down the road past the Tom Trott cabin (on your left and a great place to cheer on your team mate or friend); take a left onto Mystery trail; take Lower Mystery Trail following the signs for 50 km, take a left onto Tower Trail, and head down the road to Lakeview Drive, follow Lakeview Drive turning right at the access road to Learning Centre (Transition-station). (6 hour cut off)
1. From Learning Center follow Visitor Center Trail to Old Baldy Trail. (CHECKPOINT)
2. Right on Old Baldy Trail to Horseshoe Canyon Trail. Turn Right.
3. Follow Horseshoe Canyon Trail to Lookout and M8 Trail.
4. Right on M8 Trail to Murray Hill Road.
5. Right on Murray Hill Rd to M1 – M4 Trail. Turn Left. Aid Station 1 – Head of the Mountain Lookout)
6. Continue slight right along fireguard road along fence, left, then right, crossing cattle gate heading towards Eagle Butte Road (CHECKPOINT)
7. Sharp Left heading back up to the ridge.
8. Continue left along the ridge past the bench (Half way on Leg 1) to the park boundary
9.Turn left down the hill along park boundary and fireguard road towards lookout. Stay on fireguard road and right from look out to Murray Hill road. (Aid Station 2)
10. At the junction, turn right onto fireguard road and back to Murray Hill Road. (CHECKPOINT)
11. Left on Murray Hill Road (pass Tom Tritt Museum) to Mystery Trail. Turn Left.
12. Follow Mystery Trail toTower Trail back to the Learning Center
Cut Off at 1pm (6 hours)
Leg 2 - Triple ThreatHidden Valley Ski Loop
Leg 2: from Learning Centre turn left on Lakeview Drive and then slight right towards Ranger trail access, follow Ranger trail taking a left at the junction for Tower Trail; right on Cobble Minor; follow to Upper Mystery, slight right to head down Sorry trail; across bottom of ski hill (Aid Station 3); up McGee; across top of ski hill and hard left back to trail on ridge to access Mazama Drop trail; (Aid Station 4); up Mitchell the take a right onto Plateau trail; right on Beaver Creek trail; take a left across a bridge with handrails for Beaver Creek Loop trail; right as you exit Beaver Creek Loop trail, cross through the campground and pass over the bridges, pass the Visitor Centre (on your left), left on Lakeview Drive and right at Learning Centre access to Finish.
1. Leave Learning Center and turn LEFT on Lakeview Dr.
2. Slight right to Ranger Trail to Cobble Miner Trail
3. Right on Cobble Miner to Ski Hill Loop Trail
4. Left on Ski Hill Loop (down Canadiana bike trail) and across bottom of Ski Hill (Aid Station 3)
5.Right and up McGee to Mazama Drop Trail
5. Left on Mazama Drop Trail to Mitchell Trail. (Aid Station 4) CUT OFF 4:30 PM
6. Up Mitchell Trail to Plateau Trail
7. Right on Plateau Trail to Beaver Creek Trail
8. Right on Beaver Creek Trail to Beaver Creek Loop Trail
9. Left on Beaver Creek Loop Trail to Lakeview Dr
10. Left on Lakeview Dr; right to Learning Center (Finish)